03-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #46
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I must say I am hesitant to do ANY suspension mods to this car. I did to my last car (mk5 gti) and I regretted all the time and money spent on it. I had Koni FSDs and Neuspeed springs (1" drop all around) and I really couldnt feel much of a different at all in the drive. Only time I could tell is If I was bookin it around a corner, like 45-50mph and it was hold its on pretty well, but honestly..for the amount of time and money I put into that shit, as well as the alignment, tires, etc. It didnt seem ANYWHERE NEAR worth it..

Also, I felt that there were a good deal of unknown bumps, rattles n noises in the suspension after the job was done and ESPECIALLY after the parts were all taken off, so this makes me even MORE weary about messin with the suspension. Not to mention the fact that I live in central PA that has terribly shit roads. I may be moving more south to NC in the nearish future which in that case wont have to worry as much about that, but Id still be unsure bout moddin the suspension on the 1er. I really thing it handles very well, I can take corners pretty fast even with the RFT's and it grips alright, yea the springs are a lil soft but I kind of like it that way due to the shit roads, etc.
Point is, until i move somewhere with better roads and less shitty weather, im def stayin with the stock setup and perhaps a sexier set of tires n wheels if I can even figure out which will fit best
Appreciate 0