View Single Post
      06-11-2019, 05:43 AM   #11
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

18 years ago, we were riding two-up on a cross-country tour into Denver, CO. Raining so hard the water was bouncing up off the road and getting the undersides of our helmets wet. We were probably 5,000 ft. above sea level. Lightning hit a tree on the side of the road about 500 feet away from and 20 feet above us . The crack of the hit and the fuzz of the electrical energy scared the living shit out of me, so we pulled over and found a small open cave under a large rock. We waited in there for a half hour. Not 2 minutes after we pulled over, a Honda Goldwing gracefully motored by. I don't think there is a motorcyclist's hand gesture for lightning, but I wish there was. He must have been wondering, "What wimps..." I was thinking "What a dumbass..."

After reading this news, I'm now glad I pulled over that day.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 5
NickyC17356.00
RM72871.50
shay2nak1070.00
Viffermike1753.00