View Single Post
      11-06-2017, 11:02 PM   #48
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe View Post
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread here...

I'm about to retrofit pre-facelift (smaller) door mirrors, and don't need powerfold or auto-dim but I would really like the tilt in reverse function.

My car has manual seats, so I've also ordered the LIN bus door harnesses.

Where I'm stuck, is there are several versions of the mirrors. The 'memory' version of the mirrors are about $200 more per side than the regular versions.

If I only need the tilt in reverse and not the 3 preset memory positions, do I still need to buy the memory versions of the mirrors?
Yes.

When it comes to mirrors of the e89 plarform here are only 2 different versions: basic/low and LIN/high. To realize any single of the LIN/high features you need the full chain of LIN/high enabled components plus some coding of modules

Depending on market you may find housings or mirrors that support only part of the full LIN/high features. But frankly NA tends to get all or nothing as standard, so those are probably your component options at US dealers. When checking for parts on realoem crosslink option s430. Option s430's description in realoem suggests that this option is all about auto dip, but in effect it is also needed for fold-in and the memory setting of the mirrors. Other basic features like adjustment and heating are not different in user experience between the basic and LIN version.
Appreciate 1
ayao643.00