akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pic18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post

I have a feeling if BMW simply started making the E46 M3 again without any change from the original and simply called it the 2020 M3 they would sell amazingly well here.
They should definitely release the E46 M3 again with zero changes, or maybe they could fix the rear floor panel/subframe mount points that crack, Vanos system that fails, rod bearings that blow up, constant pressure valve that leaks and about 10 other issues with the E46. Also they need to make a seat low enough for a normal human to fit in.

I know there is a lot of sarcasm in that statement but I am pretty sure they already make a modern E46, it is called the M2 and has no where near that amount of issues as an E46.
In all seriousness I think there would be good business in doing throwback cars that are only updated to fix major issues, and meet safety standards. I guess there is too much wasted opportunity cost though because the factory could be making something else that probably shares parts with other modern cars.

But yeah I bet BMW could charge a pretty penny for a brand new with warranty e46 m3 with updated subframe etc. Just probably don't offer navigation and just have the basics.
Appreciate 0