View Single Post
      11-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
Preciado
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

On the Edge: The absolute MAX wheel & tire size combos without compromises?

While the APEX and VMR copy pasta is fine and dandy and cheers to those companies for making a variety of options for our cars... I don't want either.

TL;DR
what exactly can be achieved in terms of wheel width and 'lowest' offset before running into issues of rubbing? As far as tires go, I always like a bit of stretch, nothing wild. So running 245's or the widest tire possible isn't what I'm asking or care for too much. But of course I'm not looking to run rubber bands either. I think a lot of the wheel talk I see in other threads is either about going as wide as possible on the side of rubber or achieving ridiculous 'stance' stretch etc. More than happy to run camber plates.

-------

Since the moment I had a driver's permit I always had a Japanese car or BMW or both at the same time and I'm sorry not sorry but Japanese wheel companies just have so much more variety, both for looks and for function.

The draw back is the limited options of 5x120 wheels and furthermore our E82's being unable to run most of the 'aggressive' sizes Japanese wheels tend to come in.

For example, some Gramlights I really want really only have +38 as the highest offset.

What are some setups you've tried that didn't compromise your fenders?

Last edited by Preciado; 11-15-2018 at 12:46 PM..
Appreciate 0