View Single Post
      03-28-2015, 05:36 AM   #35
lainmike0710
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '10 e82 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainmike0710 View Post
Two more questionable items to add to the list despite my own thread started last night asking these questions which I probably should have not posted before searching around BUT:

S760A Hochglanz Shadow-Line - High gloss shadow line

and

S319A Integrierte Universal-Fernbedienung - Integrated universal remote control

and while I'm at it,

S8SCA Freischaltung Telematik länderspez. - Telematics access request,country-spec.

Here I am quoting my own post after Google'ing some stuff. First, I found out that "high gloss shadow line" is the black gloss window trim on the side windows. Next, "integrated universal remote control" would be the wonderful garage door opener buttons on the rear view mirror I can't use because I don't have a garage. In addition to these options, I researched another one I saw in previous posts regarding the "preparation satellite radio." This one excited me because I have been wanting satellite radio and have this option...unfortunately there are a few things we need to know depending on our production date. This option means that your BMW dealer can activate your radio with an activation code and code it to work properly for somewhere around $375 or you can purchase a retrofit kit from www.bimmer-tech.net allowing you to do this yourself with your laptop for $275. The issue, for me at least, is a disclaimer on their product page reading:

"Pre-September 2010 1-Series or 3-Series BMWs…
Some of the models without Navigation System Professional built between September 2009 and August 2010 feature Radio Professional and require a new radio to properly activate Sirius (even if the Sirius pre-wiring is already in place). If you are unsure if your model can be upgraded, email us and we’ll let you know."

I have Radio BMW Professional and was manufactured September 29, 2009/model year 2010. Crappy news for me but hopefully I can help some people out with the link below who have this option and are interested.

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...radio-retrofit