View Single Post
      04-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #29
hokejka
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Past: 135i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_cars View Post
cool thread. I haven't checked this forum in a couple months so I'm a bit late to the party, but....

A 2nd person is not necessary for this job - regarding the flywheel bolts - just cut a piece of 2x4 of appropriate length and wedge it between the concrete and the flywheel teeth at a good counter-angle to the direction you're cranking the flywheel bolts. Using a 2x4 will ensure that the teeth on your flywheel don't break.

+1 for anal retentiveness. I was the same way, and even worse when I installed my Pure stg2. Triple/quadruple check everything. I took probably 15-17 hours to do my clutch as well because the last thing you want to do is go back in when you've already put everything back together. After all, you aren't some dealer that guarantees their work and foots the bill for you if they screw it up. This is YOUR time at stake
Thats a second way to do the flywheel. I thought grabbing the actual crank was best.

You are right a second person is Not required but its extremely valuable. Just balancing the clutch on the jack while u drop it and guiding tools such as the long extensions and overall just saving time is very valuable.
Appreciate 0