View Single Post
      08-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #42
jasonic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i convertible sport DCT

My experience has been mixed. Bought it CPO with 21k miles on it and have had plenty of little issues. One thing that I got burned on was "No seals or Latches are covered under the CPO"..recently at 45k miles I had the big rear seal on the back of the convertible top snap in half..over 500 out of pocket, plus the trunk latch sending false "trunk open" messages..several hundred more out of pocket. The DCT seals are also begining to leak a bit.

Expect to spend money on your car as it ages, and BMW's generally age poorly. For all the german engineering involved, they can't seem to make a car that doesn't have its issues. This is not a Toyota...the last few i had ran for ever.

In closing, though a bit off topic, I always tell people who are buying a shiny new/cpo higher end BMW the following....

"Glad you like that fat 80k car you're going to buy..have you tried their 30k something 3 or x1 series??..because dealer loaners is what you'll be driving alot of the time while your 80k ride is in the shop...sometimes most of the time"