07-09-2019, 02:04 PM   #12
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 w/MPPK, MPE & RC GTS Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfortress View Post
There's a dive shop called Stuarts Cove, they will come to your hotel and pick you up. I highly recommend the shark dive if you are certified, but if you aren't, they offer Snuba and mini submarine rides. I would definitely make a day of that if you can, it's unreal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
^ ah yes, forgot about snorkeling. I think we used the same company for snorkeling. The sharks piece was cool but can be scary. It’s deep sea snorkeling for that part. Try the conchs salad at the end of the bridge leading out of Atlantis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPOWER View Post
You can do Snorkeling in the Atlantis Aquarium for like $200 per person but it is amazing to say the least. the amount of different species of fish and the whole set up is a once in a life time opportunity to experience. I have done a lot of snorkeling in different places and none compare to this. you will not regret it though if you are scared of having massive fish and sharks next to you it might feel a little sketchy. just know the sharks could care less about you being in there as they have an endless menu swimming around them at all times so they eat what they want when they want. Also, swimming in PIG ISLAND is just WAAAYYY over priced for what it is (Yes i did it) but I would never waste my time and money doing it again. Hope this helps
I am an avid freedive spearo (spearfish) and have decades of experience swimming with and fighting off sharks for the fish I speared, of all species including a massive Tiger Shark. I don’t plan on taking any dive trips/outings on this trip. We lived in Hawaii previously and lived in the water, I am not sure the family will be interested in doing any of that, but they might and we will see. I appreciate the information and tips.

The submarine trip and aquarium snorkeling sounds interesting, I will look into those options.

Pig Island isn’t worth it? What does that trip look like? Take a boat to Pig Island, jump in and swim with wild hogs, then depart back to Atlantis?

Keep it coming, I appreciate the insight.