View Single Post
      09-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #317
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
I had a SUV (Suzuki GV) when I bought my 128i and used it most of the time for daily driver duty until it got to around 150K miles and the check engine light started coming on for the oxygen sensor. My son's car was at about 250K miles so I decided he needed the GV worse than I did a nasty O2 sensor replacement opportunity.

So my e88 assumed full time daily driver duty. We added a hitch so I can pick up larger things. It works but I'm thinking the replacement may be another SUV. I might even just keep the e88. I've been comparing prices and features between the X1, X2 and Mazda CX5. If I had to choose today it would be the CX 5. The top two versions of the Mazda have a turbo 2.5L that makes about 250hp. A key feature they have that no small BMW SAV has is ventilated seats. In hot climates, they are nice. A fully loaded Mazda is about the same price as a BMW with a lot less options.

CX-5 leases are also crazy cheap. It's a great car, maybe the best midsize suv on the market for the price. Beautiful inside and out. The turbo also takes well to tunes lol.