View Single Post
      04-20-2015, 12:06 PM   #70
CrimsonXV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i 6mt, 325Ci 5mt, 87' K100

What diameter pipe fit in the resonator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805beemer View Post
So I had the muffler shop slide in a piece of ~3" long pipe to block off the holes inside the resonator and weld the muffler back together. It sounds a little bit louder, but not much. Only cost me $50 plus the header wrap so I'm not complaining. I'm surprised it's not louder since I have n55 mids although I do have stock dp's. Never heard the pe in person but from YouTube it sounds louder than my setup. I'll try and get some vids up soon. In hindsight I would have wrapped both pipes and I still might.

Also the pipe wasn't welded in place yet in the pic.

Same question, what diameter pipe did you use to fabricate onto the existing piping? Also do you have any videos of how it sounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexResistance View Post
I had the same mod done to mine. Ran it with the stock downpipe at first and it was nice. I installed a 4" catless down pipe and it was glorious! I just had my exhaust redone by the same guy. He built me a custom 3" stainless axleback with anti-drone chamber (like the afe) and dual 89mm tips. Deeper sound, less drone, and has a smoother, less raspy sound with the catless downpipe. (Plus it was free!)

Last edited by CrimsonXV; 04-20-2015 at 12:25 PM..
Appreciate 0