Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
David,

You got a deal !!! those bushings are a PITA to change... and you exactly correct in you description of how they go in...

one thing you failed to mention is why they made the mistake in the quote. The secret is that the M3 bushings have to go in from the TOP, due to alignment of that square knob and the shoulder on the bushing, The STOCK ones go in from underneath, without any pain..

Also when trying to put the bushing in from the top, there is no taper to help guide the bushing, making the special tool work alot to get it in.

Thanks Alex. Yes, you are correct. The OE bushings can be removed and installed from bellow the subframe/axle. But the forward M3 axle bushing must go in from above! That is a major problem.

I was lucky that the guys at my BMW Zentrum know me well and treat me well. It pays to build relationships! Also it is the winter months where they don't have much work now and lastly... the tech who always works on my car has a new apprentice! So all the bull work got done by him! While the "Meister" oversaw and did the fine stuff.

I'm pretty sure they spent the better part of a full day on my car. Yes they only charged me four or so hours of labor. PLUS this was the only time EVER that I got a loaner car (118d hatch) and did not have to PAY FOR IT!!! lol This ain't the states!

As for my sporatic oil level sensor... I added a little bit of oil... and now it doesn't fluctuate any more. It might just be the sensor was between scales? Or does it measure linearly? I'm not sure IF I will bother with having my dealer replacing the oil level sensor or not. I will ask them next week what they think though.

Thanks,
Dack

PS: as far as noise - I have not noticed any increase in noise what so ever. Only like I said on really worn cobble stone road. And I only have to drive a 100m section when I go thru the gate on base here. lol Btw... I have my 17" RFT tires on right now too. So if anything when I mount my summer non-RFT I think the ride will be even better!
Appreciate 0