Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by woner View Post
There wasn't much I could do I am stock and he wasn't..it's pretty easy to make a new dodge cummins into a 13 second truck to match a 135i. I can't decide if I should go jb4 or wait for cobb n55.
If you're totally stock, i would upgrade other things before you jump into an agressive tune first, like an fmic, less restrictive intake, less restrictive chargepipe (bov), open axleback exhaust and catless midpipes (atleast, if not the total catless exhaust) and def nicer tires (pss's, etc.).

People think they can just jump from stock to BOOM with a tune and that's not necessarily true. If you're going to upgrade your ECU's performance you really need to upgrade certain internals, etc. before hand. Anytime ive modded a car of mine Ive always done the extras and tires, etc. first, THEN a tune afterwards if I still felt it necessary. I mean once you have more efficient and better performing aftermarket parts like the FMIC, chargepipe, exhaust, etc. on your car, you may decide then that a tune really isnt even necessary, or maybe just a smaller tune. Like right now I have everything you see listed in my sig installed on the car and she drives amazingly, not a massive difference from stock but you have to include everything in the comparison, not JUST hp numbers. Now I really dont even think id want or need a COBB or something like that, if anything id be happy with just a jb+ or something to just add a lil more boost without remapping my entire ecu.
Appreciate 0