View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 09:01 AM   #9
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
Sometimes people run into weird issues maybe related to improper coilover installation, but I'd think in general most any coilover system will allow you maintain practically stock height. It's all a matter of what height you chose.
most coilovers have significantly shorter strut bodies. To get back to stock height requires preloading the springs or running much higher than stock spring rates. So it's highly dependent on the coilover specs.

As harold stated, preloading the springs to get back to stock height can then result in having little to no droop travel. Or, you will end up binding the springs in compression since preload eats up spring travel.

Sorry I can't help much with which coilovers would be good for stock height because I've only had hands on experience and measured a few. YCW I was able to get pretty close to stock height with 7" 8k springs up front without too much compromise. rear generally works with a larger range of springs and its your choice as to how you want the car to handle.
Appreciate 0