View Single Post
      08-18-2021, 02:52 PM   #22
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
By my count you have 11 very significant upgrades on the car using parts that are just about the very best available. All these mods [to me] add at least $5K over a standard car. I track my 128 once or twice a year and wish I had these mods. And, it was recently said in a dialogue in our motorsports community that a car that has been tracked is a good buy because the owner has done exceptional maintenance on the car. I often tell people looking for a car to see what tires are on the car; Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Hankook, Dunlop, Firestone=good, Wang Ho Super Trak=not so good.
My 2008 with 65,500 miles [winter stored 5-6 months each year] still has original water pump and thermostat AND battery [thanks Deltran].
Folks this sounds like a great car-this is the one you want.
Hey NorthernDancer thanks for the good words. Yeah, I’m a big fan of the saying: “Take care of the car and it will take care of you.”

This might not be as clapped out as some of the other 128i track cars here like Phloozy , spidertri and the others, but it has gotten me from complete Novice to now Advanced with minimal to no additional mods. Quite a good starter DE car tbh.
Appreciate 0