Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHZR2 View Post

What gives with the 2.5l in a 5l jug?

Can you provide p/n for everything or a copy of your invoice?

Look at my earlier post #44.

I did not want to buy 5 liters when I only need less than two liters for the 6MT. A 5L jug cost over a hundred euros. I paid 46 euros for 2.5L.

MTF LT-4 BMW part number 93220421925

You can read the Castrol gear oil bar code in the one photo above. I paid 10 euros for a 0.5L bottle(regular price is 15 euros per 1/2 bottle). I did not buy the diff oil at the dealer - I bought it at my indi parts place over here in DE (Stahlgrube). We checked both the Castrol data book and my parts place PC data system. Both said Castrol SAF-XJ is the correct gear oil. Even at my BMW Zentrum, on their pc system, it said to use this oil in the diff.

The reason I did not buy the SAF-XJ at my dealer was the smallest container is 600 liters! Really. It comes like that. lol In a very large barrel or you can buy it by the truckload 6K liters+!!!

I have always suspected our 135i's do indeed have a LSD (mechanical) of some kind. I know every morning when I drive up my underground garage ramp, and I can hear the rear tires slip on the sand/salt. It sounds to me that it has a LSD. Even when you watch the BBC's 5th Gear show where they test a Porsche Cayman against a 135i - they said the car has a LSD. I know everyone says the 135i does not have one. But... my ears tell me otherwise.

Dackel

Last edited by Dackelone; 01-05-2011 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 0