View Single Post
      06-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #7
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Honestly if I were looking at that kind of cash decision - it'd be looking for a 1M to stuff in the garage, sell the 1er, and buy a used Toyota 4Runner to park outside as the daily. The 1M is an investment, low mile, keep museum car.
I would love a 1M but my car storage options are low in the bay area plus I'd end up driving it because I suck at not driving cars. I'm not retiring with this deal or anything haha I'm trying to budget in the $60k range. Already have a 2019 Grand Cherokee for towing the track rat so I'm good on the SUV front.

I might test drive a 991.2 Carrera S too. Just concerned about maintenance and looking like a douchebag in a P-car, with a tune they're pretty quick.

The RS3 is an awesome car (speed, size, nice interior, 4 doors, etc) really checks all the boxes.

M2 Comp is great but will probably depreciate a ton over the next few years. I'm leaning toward the M3/4 to get the S55 in a car that's already depreciated. I also need DCT to let the wife drive when I steal her Jeep to tow with.

Really tough decision... So many options these days in that price range.