View Single Post
      03-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #36
turbo1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.j View Post
It tells me you are thinking about 10% drive train losses. I was under the impression its anywhere between 15 and 20.
Yes, estimate 15-20% drivetrain loss homie.. but our cars have been dyno'd by numerous individuals on this forum and its been just about proven that our engines are slightly underrated from the factory (research stock dyno #s for your car) i will try and get it on the dyno this weekend and will post my results.. its a dynojet that i have access to so itll most likely read higher then COBBs... if it only gives me 310whp then thats ok too.. hope for the best right?

But this is COBBs post about their new gear.. and i am optimistic and hopefull that their estimates are accurate.. A few months ago they dyno'd their car in stock form (i posted the numbers above) and then dyno'd it with their stage 1 aggressive map.. according to them it made 310hp and 357ft/lbs - josh just said it was wheels... that equals an additional 11 percent hp and an additional 25 percent torque from their "stock map"... 279 + 11% = 309.69 and 285 + 25% = 356.25.... what is confusing?

dont worry my friend, i will get a baseline when i dyno it so we knowfor sure the results...

COBB is there any pro tuners in hawaii?

-cheers
Appreciate 0