04-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
Jay_///Mowner
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanstorm
Got the half power available CEL light today. Weird, it was like driving 5 Speed Kia Rio while it was on. Different sound and everything.

The car is completely stock and has 4800kms on it, was full of 91 octane (highest I can get), and was at operating temperature. I had stopped it to run into my work for a minute and came back out and got up to fourth gear shifting at 2.5K.

The light came on and stayed on until I found a safe place to pull over and shut down. I started back up again and it was gone off. (I read that on a thread here). Everything was back to normal.

I'm scheduled for a Trans fluid change and Oil change next week, so I haven't decided if I'm going to tell the dealership, since I don't know if I trust them yet.

Robert
I'm a BMW tech, here in Aus, and I've seen three 1 M coupes come with this issue, over the past 6 months. All standard and running 98 octane. In all cases found it to log to faults, super knocking and boost pressure cut out. Which can possibly be cased by bad fuel. New knock sensors under warranty have fixed the issue with ever one. Don't see any other major faults with the N54T motor
Appreciate 0