View Single Post
      11-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #20
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
If voting Democrat gets the United States out of Iraq, and stops our out-of-control war spending that is driving our dollar straight down, then yes, voting Democrat has a DIRECT effect on the value of the dollar.
There are a couple of problems with this argument but I am going to go down a War on Terrorism rant purely because you are upset with the price of your shiny new BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon
You owe it to your nation to make an informed vote.
I thank you for assuming that I am not making an informed vote. I guess voting Republican = Uninformed; voting Democrat = Informed...

Quote:
A weak dollar CANNOT bring more jobs to the US and increase overall output UNLESS spending habits change here in the US.
Go study the Asian markets and then tell me that a weak dollar does not increase output. It is a theory that has provided the backbone on the Chinese economy (hence, their instance on not revaluing their currency to appropriate levels).

Quote:
The weak USD has been nothing but bad for the US.
Hence the weak improvements in GDP. Oh wait...

Quote:
If you don't believe me, just go take a look at the news for GM today. They are reporting a USD 39 billion dollar loss in the same quarter that BMW is reporting their 1.1 billion dollar profit. GM's loss was one of the biggest quarterly corporate deficits ever. For ANY company. Part of GM's problems? They have to pay more for foreign made parts and materials because of the weak dollar.
I see, GM represents the entire US economy because their specific manufacturing problems are indicative of the same exact problems that every other industry is facing. Understand that because of the decreasing value of the dollar in comparison to other currencies, it will drive foreign companies to produce in the United States (hence, companies like BMW, Mercedes, VW, Hyundai, etc. developing (or developed) new plants in the United States). It is a principle that American companies have been taking advantage of for decades. All the while there would be some "people" who would complain about manufacturing shifting away from the homeland. But now you have increased amounts of currency in circulation , GDP increasing because of the increased about of investment in the United States itself from outsiders, and some of these same people are trying to have their cake and eat it too. It is increasingly hilarious when they use the Asian markets as an example of what we should be doing.

Quote:
So yes, please vote Democrat to end the Iraq war and stop the insane spending spree that has demolished the dollar. Do it for your own good. Do it for the good of your country.
Yes, look at that OUTRAGEOUS military spending (presented as a percentage of GDP)!

Also, I love your argument that we should not fight in the War on Terror because the price of your shiny new BMW is getting too high.