View Single Post
      05-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #8
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmj View Post
Greg: very true re: performance power kit..will consider that as well. I think the main thing I need to ascertain is whether or not I can live without the manual (and the potentially long wait for one) or not.
Ya, go drive any used coupe or convertible in both stick and DCT to see if that's a dealbreaker for you cause that'll be the main thing. I think there are a lot of manual coupes out there, but not sure there are many manual convertibles, which may just be my own conjecture, but in CA, seems dealers stocked up on DCT convertibles, whereas most custom orders were done in stick and probably 75-85% of the time it's on a coupe.

If you drive the IS coupe in glendale, put the windows down and see not only what you think of the extra power, but also that performance exhaust, cause it's REALLY addictive and intoxicating, and I'm not normally an exhaust person. I don't think there's a single person on the forum though that got the performance exhaust that doesn't love it. A dealer also might be able to search dealer stock across the country to see if there are any other various i or is convertibles still at a dealer for sale as new. Last time I looked around here in like january/february, they were taking $8-9k off sticker price, as listed on the dealer's websites.
Appreciate 0