View Single Post
      06-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #74
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
I am new to autocross, so I think a better driver would be more competitive than I've been so far. I think I'll need to re-assess tire wear when we get some warmer weather. 60-70f doesn't seem warm enough to generate any real grip with RS3's. I can't seem to get ANY heat into them with the short ~40s courses we are limited to around here. I come off course and my tires and race pads are still cold lol no fun...

I can tell you that last season at HPDE's I was seeing as high as 1.3 g's with stock suspension, 27mm front bar, M3 arms, and -1.7* camber. Front tires were scrubbing as far as the bottom of the wear triangle (still not that bad at all). same tire temps in the range of 34psi cold to 38-40psi hot.

Mods are in sig (fenders and M3 arms put me into Modified classing with the evo's )
If they're RS3v2s depending on how long you've had them they're probably heat cycled out already (Lots of people, including me threw away tires that had 5/32nds of tread on them yet 80 autocross runs cause the tires are dead)

Also, a lot more than just fenders and M3 arms bumps you out of STU (Intercooler, Stage 2+ Tune, DP with no Cat, Clutch...etc etc)
Appreciate 0