View Single Post
      06-07-2017, 06:19 AM   #80
RyanDavies
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvb6806 View Post
Just to confirm what everyone else has been saying about the offset arms... I threw on a set two days ago and gained almost exactly 1* of neg camber from offset delrin bushings. I picked them up from a buddy that gave up on his STU 135i I have no idea what brand they were or where he got them. Did yours have a set screw to prevent rotation?

I also pressed out the liquid filled bushings from a set of new front lower arms and will be throwing those on the next time I get bored.

I had the same tire rub issues that you did on the inner fender and had to bring the front end up a few MM. So much for the corner balance.

I totally forgot that the OE bushings were liquid filled and the 2nd one I was pressing out exploded like a vile water balloon full of filth. Remember kids... safety glasses.

Sitting at -3.2* up front -2* in back with .125" toe out on the front and about .0625" toe in on the rear.
If yours are the SuperPro ones that can physically adjust the offset of them, get rid of them NOW. Like, NOW.

Parts problems were a BIG source of my lack of success last year, and these were most of it... This is why I commissioned Vitamvas to make a set (which are now being run by both of the 128s still being seriously campaigned that I'm aware of, and I'm going to buy another set from him as I rebuild my car...).
Appreciate 1
Matticus913474.50