02-29-2020, 01:58 PM   #13821
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by $iriu$black View Post
I believe that if used correctly with a HANS device, this is a much safer setup than the three point. The Schroth quick fit Pro is compatible with a HANS but not the quick-fit one. It only works if you use the one that’s MEANT for your make/model car. They don’t make it for a lot of models.

Planning on getting one myself.

HANS is for neck, not compression of the spine. It's still going to cripple you.

The problem is the angle of the belt along with there being no crush support in the seat.
The shoulder belt is for holding you back, not down.
The lap belt is for holding you down, not back.
It's done this way because there is no chance of compressing your spine.

But even paraplegic's get IG likes so do as you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "SCCA March 2020 rules
A. The shoulder harness shall be the over the shoulder type. There shall be a single release common to
the seat belt and shoulder harness. When mounting belts and harnesses it is recommended that they
be kept as short as reasonably possible to minimize stretch when loaded in an accident.
The shoulder harness shall be mounted behind the driver and supported above a line drawn downward
from the shoulder point at an angle of 20 degrees with the horizontal. The seat itself, or anything added
only to the seat shall not be considered a suitable guide. Guides must be a part of the roll cage or a part
of the car structure.
Only separate shoulder straps are permitted. (“Y” type shoulder straps are not allowed.) “H” type
configuration is allowed.
page 73

Now that is talking about 5/6/7 point with a cage, but the shoulder strap angle is the takeaway here. It's also pretty much a motorsport standard.

Last edited by iminhell1; 02-29-2020 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
1and11858.00