01-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
TwinTurboed
Turbo Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdriver View Post
One's impressions of sounds are a personal thing. Having said that the G37 is frequently criticized for its engine note. Below is from Edmunds....:

"Driving Impressions

The 3.7-liter V6 found in the 2013 Infiniti G sedan is quite strong and provides quick acceleration. While we're not fans of the coarse noise the engine makes in the G37 at higher engine speeds, for the money, you can't beat it in this class."
+1 The G's exhaust is very nice, but only people that are behind the car or outside the vehicle get to enjoy it. Even with the windows rolled down, not much I can hear. What I hear more of is the engine and though the VQ37VHR is a wonderful engine, past 5500RPM, its coarse, unrefined, and ignorantly loud (not in a good way). The N54 on the other hand is buttery smooth and I just want to rev it more and more to listen to that beefy twin turbo inline 6. My dad drives a 528 with the N52 and that thing is even smoother than the N54! The power delivery from the N52 is so linear. Nevertheless, engine wise, BMW is still a step ahead of Infiniti. This is coming from a guy who used to love the G37.
Appreciate 0