10-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #15
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ApexRaceParts View Post
With the increase of faster and heavier cars being used in racing, HPDEs, and spirited driving, the EC-7 was designed and engineered to handle extreme abuse on track and street, offer a wide range of direct fitments, while producing a relatively lightweight wheel (compared to OEM). The new features offered make the EC-7 the perfect compliment to the APEX ARC-8.

The EC-7's spoke profile has been designed with a curve to provide additional caliper clearance. It can clear a BBK spacer free on applications where the ARC-8 could not. A significant improvement to the EC-7 is the increased barrel clearance that now allows for the 18" version of this wheel to properly clear the Brembo 380mm BBK.
So does this mean that the Arc-8 was not " was designed and engineered to handle extreme abuse on track and street, offer a wide range of direct fitments, while producing a relatively lightweight wheel (compared to OEM). "

Thanks for the info on the brake clearance... that makes sense.
The other part sounded like an infomercial that dogged out your own other product.

I am personally EXTREMELY happy with my Arc-8s.... and while I understand some of the aesthetics and brake clearance issues, when it comes to the 1M specifically... I don't see an advantage for the EC-7 for a relatively stock car as they are slightly heavier.. and slightly more expensive for the same fitments than the ARC-8
Appreciate 0