View Single Post
      12-07-2017, 07:29 AM   #72
bionicbelly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z3 coupe, 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Yeah for sure. My car felt all sorts of screwed up when I tried to run high front rebound.

The assumption I now operate under is that the rear requires significantly more rebound due to the stiffer rear springs. While motion ratio does dictate that the springs aren't effective at leveraging the weight of the chassis, the rear springs still have enourmously more return force for when weight shifts forward. Maybe this is wrong but the car 100% feels better with more rear rebound lol

Where is that chart from? I disagree with a few of the suggestions... Like corner entry oversteer.. how would increasing front rebound and reducing rear rebound possibly help that scenario? All logic points to increasing front COMPRESSION and increasing rear rebound not reducing it... This would keep more weight over the rear wheels on entry and reduce the oversteer. The internet is a blessing and a curse when it comes to information...

That is really weird. (Preface: I have Koni DA's) I have always run really high front rebound, and really low rear rebound. I set the rear first, and use braking. I dial in just enough rear rebound to keep the car from nose diving under braking, then I do the front. I start at full-ish rebound and work down till the rear end stays planted.

That said, I rarely if ever, adust shocks, unless it is raining, or I am using different tires, and even then, not always. You will be miles ahead if you find a good setting, and leave them there, so that you can gain experience and build confidence in what the car is doing.
Appreciate 0