View Single Post
      07-12-2018, 07:58 PM   #14
crowtrobot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

This happened to me when I did my new Koni yellows, Dinan plates and M3 control arms all at once. Part of fixing it was making sure that the car was on ramps before tightening the control arm bolts, the other part was just the struts settling - a hard drive got the car back to a normal ride height.

Sucks about the garage. I agree with the others that it is best to specify a target. I told my shop when I got the alignment after I did the work to shoot for -2.0* and they hit it.

Dumb question, but did you install the camber plates in the right direction (assuming these are the fixed plates)? There is a right and left, and a correct way to point them to push the strut inwards.

Sucks that they got left out by the shop, but you shouldn't need to pull the whole strut to get them in place - I put my struts in the wheel well first and then did the camber plates while they were in the general vincinity of the strut tower since my spring compressors sucked and I was having clearance issues with the fender.
Appreciate 0