View Single Post
      12-16-2015, 05:19 AM   #13
TechieCarGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91, 2008 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reisf View Post
You're right, i do Keen to see the rest mate.

Yea the underseats have an opening that slots into a hole in the chasis that opens out into behind the side skirt
I've been thinking more about the enclosure itself and want to look more into it, although have no clue when I will have time to tackle this project with holidays approaching.

I've looked at pictures of the enclosure outside of the car and it definitely not your typical sealed or ported enclosure. Its way to small to produce real bass frequencies and the plastic is very flimsy to beat.

I'd love to look into making a new custom enclosure in this space, but would defeat my original intent of doing what I call a "drop-n-swap" of the speakers. I may go back into the enclosure and dampen it with sound deadening material and add some acoustic foam to give the after market speakers the impression they are in a larger enclosure.

While I do not expect much out of the under seat speakers I do feel that at least with the MB Quart's and I suspect every aftermarket "drop-in" out there you must had at least 50watts or more to them to get them to come alive.
Appreciate 1