View Single Post
      12-23-2015, 11:24 AM   #16
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I've been following your thread. I've talked to Nelson at Bimmertech at length about what to do with upgrading the audio in my car. He said the amp should be first. So I did the amp upgrade being part of the Bimmertech amp group buy here. I definitely agree with the sentiments about needing more power definitely when it comes to bass performance. I definitely have deeper and cleaner bass response coming from the stock speakers.

But I still feel the mid to highs still leave some to be desired. So I also plan on upgrading those too. I looked at the drop in kits from Focal, Musicar Northwest, etc. Nelson recommended the Jehnert speakers based on the speakers I told him I liked in past cars I've tinkered with. I mentioned I liked the sound from Canton and McIntosh speakers. I heard the MB Quarts a long time ago and didn't like them too much. Same with Alpine.

One thing I'm curious about is if other model years have what look like mid bass/subs under the rear seats. I didn't get a chance to measure them out when I had the rear bench pulled recently. But they are certainly larger than the door mids. I was suprised to find them there when I pulled the seat out.
Appreciate 0