View Single Post
      06-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #15
icbrkr
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i Vert (... on order)

Yup, that is high gloss black trim.

The red is not obnoxious at all. Honestly, I think it looks better than expected, and much better than in the (I think) 5 series I saw it in. There's enough black trim to break up all the red pieces so it looks great.

How do I like it? Wow. This car is planted. I'm coming from a '10 Mustang V6 which felt large and a little big squirly if the weather wasn't perfect. This thing feels more like a slot car. Just dropped on the road and will go any direction you tell it to. Absolutely love how it handles. Love the amount of power that's in this car - sure a 135i would be even better, but what's in here keeps me honest.

The idrive is taking a bit to get used to, and even though I'm a systems engineer by trade, I still had to read the manual on this. It's not hard getting used to once you 'get' how the thing is setup but it's not as intuitive as it could be. The voice commands for it isn't as good as Microsoft Sync that I had in my last car - I mean it sounds less robotic but the hierarchal setup of the voice prompt menu is a bit wonky. Nav has a ton of features but it also seems a bit harder than it should but I can see a lot of the reason is there's more options than I'm used to having. I'll spend more time on this later.

More room in the backseat than you might expect. For example, I never put anyone in my old car's backseat. I can at least wedge someone back there in this one. That's a win. Speaking of seats these sport seats are comfy as hell. You can get them without the sport package which again is good.

The button layout is a bit weird to me too... The way the cruise works is a bit different than I'm used to, and the unlock doors button being on the dash by the vents isn't something that's obvious either. I'm used to the unlock buttons being near.. you know, the doors.

The stereo actually sounds much better than I thought it would after reading everyone's opinions on it. I don't have any issue with it except maybe having more than 6 'function' buttons for all the various things on the dash.

Either way, I'm loving the car. It's a blast to drive
Appreciate 0