11-20-2016, 12:20 PM   #39
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapacity View Post
What is a normal budget of this tipe of trip?
Our hotel was 150 euros per person with meals per night. Only thing extra were drinks. Free garage parking was a nice touch. Then a few tanks for fuel for the round trip plus tolls and Autobahn Vignettes(40 for Switzerland and 8 euros for Austria).

For those of us that did the "pre tour" most of our hotels were around ~100 euros pp per night. Most days we stopped for lunch and then ate dinner at our hotels. Figure 20 to 30 euros for those meals. I think the first day we were all so pumped to see each other again - that we skipped lunch! We just enjoyed the drive thru the Alps. Then there was the fuel needed for our adventure... and I must say we did not drive with fuel economy in mind. Fuel prices were around ~1.40 euros per liter.

Honestly some of my best adventures in the Alps was when I just hoped in the car and drove. Finding a place to sleep by 7pm and just driving until my funds were running low. You can always use credit cards... but Europe still is mostly a cash and carry place. So have some euros on hand. And try to get out and enjoy your own adventure.

Dackel
Appreciate 0