Guran
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksgoh View Post
Hi guran,
I think i saw you a bit on the mini forums, never really an active member myself, but my bro was/is.
i sold my mini (non s) 2003 model with a dent in my bonnet (which i pointed out to the buyer) around the start of last year and also got 18500 (or was it 19500... i forget...). I believe you had an S? sure does show how much the market has plummeted in such a short period.
Yes that's me. I know your brother from the MINI forums. In fact, I think he once helped me clean up my son's spew from the backseat during a drive on Putty Rd!

The kicker for me was that my Cooper S had 120,000km on the clock for a 2002 model. That's very high compared to the average which was around 80,000km for this model. Still I was pretty happy with the price I got since I'd had the car from new and it had only depreciated from $40k list to $18.5k over 6 years. A falcodore does that in 3 years! Yes got less than Redbook, but I still got $500 more than the residual I paid at the end of the novated lease three years ago!

AlpineM3E92 is dead right about fencing yourself in when you buy a niche model. That is especially true if you subsequently modify it. That puts you in a niche of niches! Not that it stops us from taking this path and later paying for our sins.