lainmike0710
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '10 e82 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainmike0710 View Post
But, like you said, in the US, German Castrol may not be the best choice due to the LL04 rating and the high sulfur in fuels here so I'm just trying to figure out what to go with over here.
"German" Castrol, that being the 0W-40 weight oil now is LL-01 approved, not LL-04. Belgian Castrol, now 0W-30, is also LL-01 rated, not LL-04 rated. (US versions in both cases)

Not sure where you're seeing that either of these oils are LL-04 rated. Or are you talking about the versions of these oils bought/sold in Germany?
I was referring to the German Castrol Dackel is using and many purchase over the Internet. As you will probably see, I asked the question that you kind of just answered on my other oil change interval thread. I made this statement/question before I noticed that Castrol now has this ll01 option at Walmart and any other auto parts store. I am almost positive the last time I saw that Castrol Euro Formula oil, it was NOT ll01...that is a newer situation I think....AND what do you think would be a better choice then, the German 0w40 or Belgian 0w30?