Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
I know we all like to make our cars our own and throw endless money at them but in terms of how much additional enjoyment you get out of your vehicle per dollar spent, what are your top 3??

I think it will be important to indicate which model were talking about but overall, it should be a good discussion.

For me personally, on my 128i, the top 3 best-value mods are as follows:

1. eBay (BMS) clutch stop - $10 - Holy cow does this thing change the driving experience! Not only can my seat go another 2 notches back, the take-up is quick and very drive-able! If you own a 6mt, you MUST spend the $10.

2. BMW Performance Short Shift Lever - $85 (incl. additional bushing and clip) - The throws on the 1er 6mt can be long but this shortens them up SO much. Engagement into first is very "digital" and the 2-3-4 throws are a wrist-flick at most. Prior, I had to move my elbow position to get fast shifts in early gears.

3. eBay smoked side markers - $17 - Especially on a black car, old hazy looking side markers can really kill a car. The lights are plug and play and don't throw codes (because they utilize the bulb connection im assuming).
Easily my best mod, a bit pricey, was Xpel entire front of 1M....after that black side markers for looks and AP Racing brakes to stop on a dime.