10-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #11
Ladydragonz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Yes. Mileage is killing you. BMWs have a reputation for massive and expensive maintenance when the miles pile on.

If you don't want the hassle of selling the car yourself, consider the various car buying services out there. You won't get the maximum value for your car if you had sold it yourself but you certainly won't get raped by a dealer factoring in their mark up needs. I sold my 94 Z28 to We Buy Any Car for more than double what CarMax offered. The BMW dealer I bought my 135i which was to replace the Z28 politely gave me the hint they weren't really interested in having it as a trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Yes. Mileage is killing you. BMWs have a reputation for massive and expensive maintenance when the miles pile on.

If you don't want the hassle of selling the car yourself, consider the various car buying services out there. You won't get the maximum value for your car if you had sold it yourself but you certainly won't get raped by a dealer factoring in their mark up needs. I sold my 94 Z28 to We Buy Any Car for more than double what CarMax offered. The BMW dealer I bought my 135i which was to replace the Z28 politely gave me the hint they weren't really interested in having it as a trade.
Yea the dealer kindly said they wouldn't take my car :3

I fell in love with the 340i but I need to sell my car as I don't want to have two cars on my insurance. I'm going to look into We Buy Any Car. I'll also look into posting a feeler on this website.
Appreciate 0