View Single Post
      04-05-2016, 07:35 AM   #41
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

For the coding, the NFRM module had to be reset and the option codes in the VO had to be added. I didn't code it myself so I'm not 100% on the exact steps but I do remember my coder guy was looking for some type of "komfort Klappen" line of some sort that needed to be active.

Basically the DIY pdf coding steps are correct but you may need to reset that module in order for the car to recognize the new hardware.

The glass was bought off eBay, not a genuine part but very impressive. Look for the version that is designed for auto dim with heat. There are two styles of the blue euro glass (dim/heat and heat). With dim/heat you will loose auto dim. I didn't want auto dim functioning so this was perfect for me.

The only thing that you'll need to do is bend the heat/dim pins (carefully) inward on the back of the glass and away from the plastic connection clips that snap to the circular mourning point on the mirror motors. They stick out too far from the factory and can get in the way of the glass movement.

I'm still getting used to the concave glass, but they are very nice looking and definitely increase blind spot visibility.
Appreciate 0