07-19-2019, 03:09 PM   #4
CP 1///M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringteg View Post
With a new car and actual torque it is a whole new learning experience. Many of the faults you mention have been recently replaced on mine (coils, plugs, injectors, charge pipe etc). Only mods on mine are Cobb charge pipe and Vorshlag front camber plates. All new Michelin Pilot Sports, fluids and brakes done. I plan to run with MDM on but do you run with M button on or off?
I ran with "Sports Mode" once (that's what the M button does - aggressive throttle map) but given that I rarely heel-toe, I tend to go without it just so that I don't need fuel mid way. I might try it again. I forgot to mention I have Ground Control camber plates as well

Quote:
A local friend has some TE37 18x9.5 +22 square he would sell but interesting to hear about your hair raising spins. Which 265/35/18 tires do you run?
Michelin PSS on ARC-8 18x9.5 +22 - I think I should have went with my original plan of using spacers on +35 (5mm on front and 10-12mm on rear) - right now the +22 with 265/35 PSS rubs when steering is near the extreme ends

Quote:
I am in the same situation usually 2 track days per year (have two young kids and a wife who doesn't enjoy being left with them while I enjoy an expensive hobby). I am planning to do VIMC again Sept 29th with Speed Fanatics. Only $400 and I live in Victoria so it is just a 1 hr drive. Perfect.

My local shop VCM Auto has a membership at Area27 and I can join them for just $100. I will likely do that next year and bring the family to Oliver BC for the weekend.
From all the reports I heard from VIMC, I feel like I would have needed more handling mods to drive fast, and I'm guessing it might be a "3rd gear" track entirely - let me know how it goes. $100 at Area27 is a steal - most of non-VCMC ones ask for $550 to over $600 which is too rich for my blood
Appreciate 0