07-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #73
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post

You are correct^, for the price you can get both of those cars, but neither of them will drive like an M. Understand?
What's driving like an ///M? Or for that price I'd drive a used E46 M3 and 135I or new Mustang. This thread really got me thinking about my E90 M3 purchase. I'm the type of guy that would rather drive a Genesis 2.0T,GTI,MSP over a 323-328-A4-C350...a lot of people talk about refinement who cares. I just laugh when bmw salesman are trying to sell me a car based on the number of airbags, service, run flats etc.....I just want to enjoy the ride...what's refined about a bmw anyways? They have simple interiors....2 gauges that's it. My 1er was a stripper and my DD I've never used bluetooth, remote garage opener etc.....I don't need those things to enjoy the ride. Too much money for a souped up 135. I'd rather rebuy a used 135 and mod it instead of buying this car make ridiculous payments. Driving like an ///M? Upgraded N54/N55 with better suspension and a wide body.....I would have never sold my 1er to get into an M1...taking the hit wasn't worth it for a car that is not that different. Even if I had bought the performance seats from europe, etc etc etc I could have had a car close to the m1 for way cheaper. The difference between the 335 and M3 is way bigger compared to the 1M vs 135.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 07-28-2010 at 10:17 PM..
Appreciate 0