View Single Post
      09-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #4
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
how easy is it to remove? since it is a strong coating, will it require compounding it for removal? (sorry, i did not read the linked articles.)
The coatings do require an abrasive to completely remove. Compounding/polishing is the way to accomplish this.

If you simply wish to add a new layer of coating every couple of years, the process would be to thoroughly wash and decontaminate the paint, do any necessary polishing to remove defects that have been introduced, wipe with alcohol, then recoat.

Let me know if that answers your questions.

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Extract View Post
What maintenance is involved with this? Will using a wax or sealant on top periodically be of benefit?
Maintenance is a breeze... as with any vehicle, routine washing using proper washing & drying methods is absolutely critical. Wash the car at least 2 times per month.

The vehicle may require light claying once a year or so depending on your environment. (I just use Iron X once a year and that takes care of the light contamination on my cars)

If you wish to apply additional protection on top of the coating, I would recommend a true coating topper instead of a basic wax or sealant. My personal favorite coating topper is 22ple VS1 Final Coat. This silica based spray sealant offers many of the same properties of a coating, such as excellent hydrophobic characteristics, resistance to dirt and grime, and gloss, however it only lasts a few months at a time. It is very easy to use, so you can use it as frequently as you'd like since it takes no time at all to apply... this is an optional step though as the coating does not need added protection.

Let me know if you've got anymore questions.

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com
Appreciate 0