View Single Post
      05-02-2016, 09:01 PM   #12
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevanosrc View Post
Oh ok I saw that one too. I might just give it a shot, so I was thinking m205 then showcar glaze and Cquartz sealant. Sound good? Done with a porter cable of course.
No, you cannot use a glaze prior to applying a nano coating.

As described in the articles I linked previously, the paint must be completely free of any residual waxes, sealants, or oils of any kind before applying cquartz or any other nano coating. The only product you may use directly before applying the product would be CarPro Essence as it is made to work as a primer polish when used correctly.

Otherwise you would need to machine polish the entire car and then carefully wipe the entire vehicle down with CarPro Eraser Intensive Polish & Oil Remover, then begin applying the coating.

The process goes as follows:
- Clean Wheels & tires
- Wash Paint
- Decontaminate Paint using detailing clay
- Paint Correction - compound (only if needed) and machine polish
- Solvent Wipe (use CarPro Eraser to ensure residual polishing oils are removed)
- Apply nano coating as instructed
- Tend to misc. details (dress tires, clean glass, polish exhaust, etc)

This process will take at least one day to complete properly, so make sure you give yourself enough time and do not rush through the process. It is one of those things were you want to do it once, and you want to do it right.

**the vehicle must remain indoors out of the elements for at least 12 hours after application, 24 hours is preferred. Park the car in the sun after application if possible to help accelerate curing**

Let me know if you've got any questions.

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.DetailPeoria.com
Appreciate 0