Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprgnat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
Lost a LOT of respect for you today. Can't even admit you were wrong on the smallest thing. It's not even relevant anymore!

The E82 uses speed sensors that output additional data. It's not just a square wave that follows the gear or magnetic form anymore.
Look. There are no technical limitations to sensing wheel direction and BMW assuredly implements it in at least two fashions, if that makes you happy.

It's still irrelevant to the OP.

Whatever signal the computer in the 128i is looking for from the 135i wheel speed sensors, the computer is getting.

The OPs questions were answered. There is no coding. No werts. It's a direct bolt on. I'm not lucky. It's not a fluke. I'm not the only one. Get an alignment after install. Clear any wheel speed sensor errors that may have occurred from driving around with your wheels all catawampus.

The anomalies found while poking around in INPA, between different versions of INPA, and in whatever other software that was brought up, though obviously interesting to some, have nothing to do with the swap. This thread hasn't been about the 135i brake swap for a long time, and I keep forgetting that.

I apologize.
I figured out the coding thing (the line is useless and does nothing). No idea why you got frustrated by it. It's excellent you were correct and it works with no coding. That makes the most sense too. It was a strange situation AND the sensors are directional and pretty advanced. So it was confusing for a few posters. It was worth looking into and interesting how different these sensors are from older models like the E46 and Z4.