Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
Update:

Bmw told me that there will be no warrantee coverage, no good will, no exception....nothing.

Pay the bill to repair the fuel pump or go elsewhere.

Same response for the upcoming fuel injectors which will have to be replaced.
I got the same response on my canadian 1M in the US. No warranty on injectors only the US ones. I would still file a claim with a canadian consumer agency because BMW has admitted in the US that they are defective. They just figure Canadian's too nice to complain.

On a different topic, I recently changed the coils on mine and I saw a tiny bit of valve cover seepage. Not enough to be critical but after having all the parts out, if I would've had the valve cover gasket on hand, I might have just done it also.
Finally, I recently bought the Schwaben BMW scan tool specifically because it said you could code the injectors. It's a very useful tool.

the one thing I haven't researched yet is which injectors are the same as original equipment. I see VDO, Bosch, and other brands. If I didn't put BMW Index 12 injectors, I would love to positively know which ones are the exact same ones as BMW's. Sorry for you hassles. Let us know what you find out as we will all be in the same boat soon.

Finally, there are several here in Toronto, you might even be able to borrow the Schwaben tool. If you were closer, i would loan you mine.
Hpfp was replaced on Monday and the car returned, my ticket but the dealership were good to me and discounted some parts and labour.

The car has a very rough idle all of a sudden and unfortunately for me the charge pipe blew off during my return commute.

Will have to book the car back into the shop to sort out the above.

I will call consumer affairs about this matter. Could someone post the fuel injector US paper work so I can reference that.
Appreciate 0