06-15-2019, 11:17 PM   #7
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr2016 View Post
nachob - it did seem better this morning when i took it to the dealer. this doesnt seem rough - it seems, well, just very very weird. i think the reason why i think its a mechanical issue is because this is the EXACT problem i had last july. and even that time - after 100 miles of driving, it was still there until the dealer made the repair (thinking back on it now, i wonder if they just drove the car hard for a bit whereas i was driving like a grandma around). i think it can present a somewhat dangerous situation if you're in a tight space and suddenly the car is lurching forward because it decided to rev up.

i think i need to quit my job and just drive the 1m more. everytime i drive it i love the experience!

does anyone recommend turning the car on and letting it run for a few minutes without driving it? i ask because since i rarely drive it i actually take the insurance off of it so i cannot drive it around. ive read that its best to just let the car sit and not let it idle.
Driving would be better for sure but i don't buy letting it sit for 6 months being better than starting and running it a little. It's a machine and needs to run. I would run it periodically over not running. I would also run the ac as there is oil that needs to lubricate seals. I have countless model airplane engines that I burn the fuel out and lubricator for storage and several froze up regardless from not running them. People say all kinds of nonesense online. I have heard factory engineers answer questions and some nobody just says. Well that's his opinion and mine has the same merit. I'm sure there are some downsides to only idling but they can't be as bad as letting it sit for 6 months. Fuel in lines gets moved around all sorts of pluses.

Anyway, there might be another issue but I have seen that both my 1Ms ran a little rough after sitting a long time then they settle down after driving a bit. Sorry about your problems!!! I hope they find the cause and you. An share with us.
Appreciate 0