View Single Post
      05-02-2018, 07:49 PM   #92
T_EV
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerAg View Post
Another thread mentioned that the bolts on the power steering pump can loosen and back out. Like this:

Maybe check that?
I checked them, took the pulley off tonight and inspected, no cracks or visible damage, put it back on and torqued to spec. I don't think the power steering pump is the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I would look at the alignment of the pulleys. IF you can use a laser pointer or level... that might help you find the pulley that's out of alignment.

So are all your pulley's new? Maybe there is some residue or debret inside the groves ? Maybe use a pick to clean out the channels.

A loose PS pump is also a good idea and also check your front crankshaft bolt that it's not loose. Some cars had issues with the crank bolt loosening up. Also check the front subframe for any contact with the crankshaft pulley. Some guys when they drag their car's can get axel hop and cause the pulley to contact the front radiator subframe.

Dackel
Pulleys are new and although I don't have an alignment tool, from the video below I zoom in on each pulley and there is little to no movement. The crankshaft bottoming out may only be a N54 issue as there is at least a 3 to 4 inch gap in between the crankshaft pulley and the frame on my engine.

Check out these two videos that go further into what noise I'm hearing. Notes: 2011 N55 135i M sport, 72k miles, stock, no tune, (may have had one on it before, I am second owner) new deflection/tensioner pulley, new alternator, new ac compressor, new belt, OFHG done. Car does not make the noise when the belt is off. No visible signs of oil leaks.

Each pulley running smoothly with zero movement (due to misalignment):

Water test, the bottom pulley of the two on the new tensioner has a small vibration, is that normal?

***Edit Update***
Still not solved, but I will say that I took the belt off and took a tooth brush and cleaned every pulley and the belt in order to clean oil off of the belt/pulleys, and around all of the pulleys. There was little to no black residue coming off anything, there was a little bit of dried up oil around some of the pulleys on the engine block, but no active leaks anywhere. I then put a brand new belt *yes a 3rd belt* on the car, fired it up, drove down the road and in less than 100 feet the belt squeak was there. I think I can now eliminate oil leaking on the belt because if there was oil leaking on the belt, would it not take a few miles at least to build back up on the belt?

I'm at a loss.

Last edited by T_EV; 05-02-2018 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0