View Single Post
      07-23-2018, 12:48 PM   #9
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

I would say the log looks very clean. You can run E30 mix on any stock turbo file including stock programming. The car's fueling adaptation will take care of the mixture. That's the same functionality in the E30 special tune, it just relies on the normal fueling adaptation function to get the mixture right. Thank your wideband o2.

I see that you removed the JB4 but this is my reasoning for why you don't want it (and you can always sell it quickly on classifieds here, of course):

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e View Post
Safety reasons and I just don't want to pull out the JB4 because I spent money on it? You'd recommend removing JB4 entirely? What benefit would I see doing that compared to the BEF w/ JB4 controlling boost?
You can have a JB4 hijack some sensors and add another means of failure to your system or you can use the stock ECU, which in your case provides the same functionality, but with over a hundred complex maps changed to provide stock like drivability and reliability. The JB4 is not a failsafe and your stock ECU is already equipped to protect the engine from a variety of threats, most notably high EGT and detonation.

At this point JB4 is ONLY useful for running meth, nitrous, or doing quick boost limit changes since those are functionalities not provided by a remapped ECU. And for the last one, you can just take 3 minutes to write a new flash, so it's not much of an advantage. How often do you change boost levels anyway? Probably only when changing fuels or running an event, so a 3 minute reflash isn't a big deal.
Appreciate 0