View Single Post
      01-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #18
Da Boy
Rep
Drives:

Well... Speaking from experience... dealers Have no problems with mods until they cause a problem. They try to blame the mod as soon as something goes wrong.

MINI - Had a Highly modified MINI and the dealer gave me crap about a couple standard repaird and i was able to argue my way around it. Even though a significant portion of modifications were installed by the dealers.

Subaru - I only had a Tune. Period. Blew after 3,000 miles... they Did not cover it under waranty (pulled some Goodwill "go F yourself next time" dodo) even though they told me at the time of purchase that i could go as far as stage two w/ no probs...

Short story long... When (not if ) you modify your car and IF (not when) something goes wrong during the waranty, expect a Hastle. If you Race, expect a Hastle.

If your willing to deal with the hastle... mod away... if not... think twice.

One of the biggest problems is that when they put a couple turbos on... you can tune the crap out of them and get a ton of power relatively speaking, and things break. They are protecting themselves. :shrug: MINI (aka) BMW has been relatively fair. Subu not so much.

"Simone" 2009 BMW 135i, Sport package, roofracks!

Formerly: A much loved and appreciated 05 MCSC - PS/Blue canvas - sold "Da Boy"
and... a POS 2008 STI that blew an engine at 3,000 miles
Appreciate 0