View Single Post
      10-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Interested if you can you share with us, what benefit you are getting from removing the US TPMS?

and also if seeking the same benefit, what code, VO or module parameter does one have to remove or change to realize this (besides removing the hardware)?
I had the US TPMS coded out by a friend of mine, but the module itself still needs to be physically disconnected. Some people accomplish that by pulling the fuse, but in our case, that particular fuse also powers the iDrive knob.

I believe only US cars get the wheel-mounted TPMS system (due to US law), everyone else gets the wheel speed/rolling diameter calculation method, which is what the car defaults to after the US TPMS system is deactivated.

I purchased a 2nd set of wheels and tires and didn't feel like purchasing another set of sensors, nor did I want to deal with the eventual dead batteries (which are non-replaceable) of the sensors.

The new F-series cars have an updated TPMS that can actually show individual tires pressures and temperatures, which seems much more useful, but it unfortunately cannot be retrofitted onto our cars.

In any case, instructions can be found here: (Take out the $$$ to get a working link)

Link: http://www.bmw$$$coding$$$.com/showthread.php?46-Disable-TPMS