View Single Post
      08-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #53
msos
always been a BMW fan.........
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Porsche 997

agree with original post comment

After 3 months in 11 DCT 135i, I am truly on the fence still! Went back and forth in the ordering of this car between MT and DCT and now agree that in 3-4 years time I may be back to MT. Also in agreement with many of the posts here, there is no right answer. On the track you cannot ask for anything better than DCT and in your daily commute if the 1 is your daily driver you will enjoy the DCT and its ability to let you "play when you want" and simply "commute" as most do in their daily drivers taking phone calls etc...... BUT when all is said and done if you forget the above and enjoy the interactions that ONLY a MT can offer you will have moments of regret. For me those moments of regret are few and far between as I love the DCT 95% of the time, but when I am at the track and most of my track mates have MT cars I do feel like a "sell out" and possibly losing touch with the driving experience basics, but then I think of Ferrari who do NOT offer MT anymore. For the poster who feels Ferrari still offer MT in some of its models go re-check your facts.....you are wrong........and also dont forget BMW originally did not offer MT in the M5......

Last edited by msos; 08-14-2010 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0