United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfl1ght View Post
A human being makes manual gear changes based on speed, rpms, clutch resistance and a gear shifter. This is a very analog method based on feel.

Sure there is great feel to a manual transmission. It would be a greater stretch to believe that the great feel of a manual transmission is necessarily efficient.

DCT has proven that it will out think and out play a human being.

Does DCT have a similar feel of a manual? No way. That is the sacrifice and the decision point people need to make.

I chose efficiency over feel. Others may differ.
I've been reading a lot over on M3Post and I've noticed a whole lot of threads on people not understanding what DCT is doing in certain situations or acting like expected. That alone would drive me nuts. The DCT computer is programmed to react a certain way in various conditions but it doesn't read the driver's mind. It might be fast, but I'd rather the transmission do what I want it to do over ignoring my request and doing something else because it thinks it's more efficient or safer.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0